Tuesday, July 5, 2011

John 15:5

There are so many things I want to write about and share with everyone. I know I will have time when i get home but im so eager to share now. We are finally back in Lusaka and will be going to the college campuses to share the gospel and help build their crusade movement. Last week we were at copperbelt university and God did so many unbelievable things. Unfortunately, I missed the last three days on campus because I was really sick. Let me start off by saying if anyone shouldnt have gotten sick it was me. Ive been the most careful and cautious of the food and water. I dont even wash my hands with the water here. On tuesday my stomach starting hurting and I thought it would go away in a day or two. But then i developed a fever and  just got worse. I have never experienced stomach pains like that in my entire life. If childbirth is worse then I cant imagine having a child! I went to the doctor and after some tests he told me I had a parasite. I dont know where I got it but it comes from bad food or water. One of my biggest fears coming here was that I would get sick, and I did. But everything is ordained by the Lord and works according to his purpose. I believe the Lord is showing me DO NOT FEAR. I am in control of everything and no matter what you do I will still guide your life. He also is teaching me so much about fear and worry. I stress about the small things in life and sometimes these thoughts consume my mind. I always wonder "what if" and expect the worst. God wants us to be from worry and anxiety. When we do not trust him and worry we are sinning. I had no idea what a huge problem I have with this sin issue until now. I am so grateful He is strengthening my faith by purifying me with trials and struggles. Our time on earth is so short. Who cares if we get sick or miss home. If we are following Jesus our lives should look like His. He is worth sacrificing everything. The Lord is showing me that NOTHING matters in this life except the advancing of his kingdom. Whether im in africa, oxford, or hattiesburg one thing remains the same. My God is everlasting. the King of Kings. Lord of Lords. My savior, redeemer, and payment for my sin. I hope whoever is reading this will be encouraged to seek the Lord today and follow the spirits guiding for THIS MOMENT and today.  And not to worry about decisions or your future. God has each moment planned out before we were even born. He is in control and will always be faithful. We are not promised tomorrow. Let us life a live worthy of the gospel every breath of every day. Thank you for all your prayers and please continue to pray for the Zambians, our team, and against sickness. Satan is trying hard to divide our team and bring down our spirits by sickness. But our God is greater and praise him for already defeating the grave!

No comments:

Post a Comment