Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Flexibility

I have so much to say but this will be a short post. First off, this week has been absolutely incredible/difficult/joyful/sad and exciting We started off in Lusaka and went to a school and an orphange for the first two days. I have dreamed of this trip for so long and it was finally here. I was playing with kids, meeting new people, and singing african songs worshiping the Lord. But I didnt feel like i thought I would. I feel almost numb to all the poverty everywhere I look. But these people and children do not act poor. They are the most joyful people i have ever seen. There faces light up with joy because of the simple things. The kids just run and play with such happiness. I have never seen anyone become so excited over jumping up and down. I made eye contact with one little girl at the school, Marta, and she was stuck to me all day. She was covered in dirt but she was so beautiful. Her willingess to come into my arms reminds me of what childlike faith looks like. As i looked in her smiling face I saw Jesus and his love. He has created each person and loves them despite richness, poverty, or our sin. I am so blessed even to be writing this post. I wish i couyld share more but our time is limited. I will be updating soon but please be in prayer for me and our team. I have been struggling ALOT more than i imagined I would. This is so beyond my comfort zone and the Lord is breaking me of many things. I am processing so many emotions and I dont know how to respond to it all. So please pray for
  • the Zambian people and our ministry
  • my sleep, I havent been able to sleep well
  • the Holy Spirit's guidance
  • Strength and rest

No comments:

Post a Comment