Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Day

ISAIAH 41


Come and listen
Come to the water's edge
All you who know and fear the Lord
Let me tell you what He had done for me
He has done for you
Come and listen to what He's done
Praise our God for He is good

Today was a snow day and what a great day it was. While many were out playing in the snow, I decided to stay in and do some thinking. I took my Bible, ipod, hot chocolate, and journal out on our patio and spent some time with the Lord. Watching the snow fall was beyond peaceful. All I felt was the Lords presence and His love. Nothing compares to being in His presence, even if its only for one second. As I was thinking about our Father, I couldn't stop thinking about the cross. I started journaling and here are a few thoughts I wrote down this afternoon. Somedays I think I understand the gospel, then on days like today I am dumbfounded at Jesus sacrifice and love. I am: sinful beyond belief, prideful, lazy, angry, my thoughts are sinful by nature, and I can't breathe one second without sinning.Why doesn't this bring me to my knees every day? The cross brings redemption, hope, forgiveness, strength, joy, new life, and ultimately love. My life was bought at a high price, with Jesus blood. How can I not want to live every day for His glory?

The speaker at crusades last night, Jim Davis, said the greatest form of worship is to die to ourselves daily. This brings Him more and more glory.

I believe we were born for two reasons:
1.Bring glory to His name
2.Further the Kingdom

I deserve death, pain, and abandonment. But Jesus gives life, joy, and security. He tells us again and again through His word how He will never leave and keep his promises.
I have called you back from the ends of the earth,saying, ‘You are my servant.’For I have chosen you and will not throw you away.Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you.I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.-Isaiah 41:9-10

Heavenly Father
You always amaze me
Let your kingdom come
In my world and in my life
You give me the food I need
To live through the day
And forgive me as I forgive
The people that wronged me
Lead me far from temptation
Deliver me from the evil one

Our God in heaven
Hallowed be
Thy name above all names
Your kingdom come
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us today our daily bread
Forgive us wicked sinners
Lead us far away from our vices
And deliver us from these prisons

I am an underserving servant wanting to make his name famous. What a privilege it is to be a child of the One who was and is and is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment